A gorgeous new design for an exciting MKAL...
and we've taken the excitement up a notch with stunning One-of-a-Kind Mini-Skeins!
If you're ready for adventure, let colourwork virtuoso Lisa Ross guide you through her latest shawl design on her fun new MKAL. Just as in her other designs, she's carefully balanced the main colour against a collection of stunning Mini-Skeins and you can rest assured the final result will be incredibly eye-catching.
But for our kits, we've done something a little different...
Unlike most MKALs, where the pattern is adventurous but colours are fairly safe, we followed our instincts and dyed all the pattern's contrasting colours in really complex, layered recipes which each feature a pop of unexpected colour that can't be seen until you open up the skein....
And believe us, opening up those One-of-a-Kind Mini-Skeins to find their hidden colours is addictive!
The Mini-Skeins for each set are dyed in the same seven dyebaths (a red, an orange, a magenta, a grey, a purple, a turquoise, and a green). But the complex layers that create those unique pops of hidden colour mean no two sets are exactly the same. Your final project will be completely unique!
Ready to join the adventure?!?
This kit is perfect for you if:
- you like a colour adventure -- every mini-skein set is one-of-a-kind, and you get to plan out your own colour progression before you cast on!
- you enjoy mixing different yarns, knowing that they all work beautifully together -- the one-of-a-kind Mini-Skeins are dyed on several of our fingering yarns which mix together well.
- you appreciate the piece of mind of having a little extra yarn -- each kit is generous, with 40g of each contrast colour, so you don't have to worry about playing yarn chicken!
- you like bold colour -- we dyed the contrast colours to be rich and saturated!
This kit is not for you if:
- you want your kit to exactly match the samples pictured here -- each kit is similar but, because all of the mini skeins are unique, your kit will differ from the pictures. And that's all part of the fun!
- you like your colour assignments laid out for you -- with all this one-of-a-kind colour, you'll get to lay out your minis and plan your colour progression yourself before you begin.
- you are uncomfortable mixing bases -- the kits mix different bases, but they're all fingering and we promise they play nicely together! ;)
Secret Forest kits will ship during the week of August 28
Each Secret Forest kit contains:
- Two 100g skeins of Oriana (90% Superwash Merino, 10% Nylon; Fingering; approximately 420 yards per 100g)
- a set of 7 pairs of 20g mini-skeins (40g per contrast colour, 280g in total) in a progression of rich, one-of-a-kind colourways on assorted SpaceCadet fingering weight yarns. Total yardage depends on the type of yarn in each set but ranges between 140 - 196 yards per colourway. Each set is one-of-a-kind and will vary from the yarns show here.
The Mini-Skeins in each collection will include a selection of the following:
Ester is smooth and sturdy, the perfect hard-working yarn.
Fiber Content: 80% Superwash Merino, 20% Nylon; 3-ply
Weight: Fingering; approximately 365 yards per 100g
Oriana is an sock twist fingering yarn with 8 plies that give extra strength and durability.
Fiber Content:90% Superwash Merino, 10% Nylon; 8-ply
Weight: Fingering; approximately 420 yards per 100g
Aurora is a slightly plumper fingering, Aurora is rich and luxurous, warm and cosy, with a slight halo and a naturally muted approach to colour that's perfect for colder weather projects you'll snuggle into all season long.
Fiber Content: 70% Superwash Merino, 20% Cashmere, 10% Nylon; 4-ply
Weight: Fingering; Each skein is approximately 3.5oz/100g, and the yarn contains approximately 350 yards per 100g
Celeste is a smooth and light yarn that gives an incredibly generous 490yds per skein.
Fiber Content: 100% Superwash Merino; 3-ply
Weight: Fingering; approximately 490 yards per 100g
At SpaceCadet®, we passionately believe that knitting and crocheting make people happier deep down inside and that nothing does that more than working with gorgeous, vibrant yarn. For us, dyeing is a cosmic adventure -- a wonderful process of mixing each shade by hand from primaries and seeing where the colour takes us. The result is yarn that is as exciting for you as it is for us. Come with us and explore the farthest reaches of SpaceCadet® colour!