Brioche knitting is so cool! And to play up its amazing, colour-shifting possibilities, Simone Kereit of OwlCat Designs has created Briochearrow, a beautiful asymmetrical shawl that uses a semi-solid main colour and variegated contrast colour to dramatic effect.
Designed in Lyra, our delightfully smooshy sport yarn, it's got a wonderful squishiness that feels incredible. "Lyra is truly amazing!" said Simone. And here's what she says about her new design:
The shawl for the easily bored or the indecisive side in you!
It offers a little bit of everything: Interesting shaping and construction, alternating stripes with half row brioche, a little color blocking, 2-color brioche, and a 1-color brioche edging.
The arrow (aka kite) shape is a fun shape to knit. For the first part of the shawl, increases are worked on both edges and decreases are worked along the Center Spine Stitch (CSS).
For the second part, you are decreasing the segment on the left side of the shawl while still increasing the size of the right side, in sort of a running chase!
Each kit contains:
Three skeins of SpaceCadet Lyra yarn (sport weight, 100% superwash merino, 270yds/100g approx):
- two in the semi-solid main colour (MC) and
- one in the variegated contrast colours (CC)
- Wilt (MC) and Molten Cool (CC)
- Blood Moon (MC) and Fred While You're Up (CC)
- That's What She Said (MC) and Fathoms Down (CC)
- Gentle (MC) and Nine Stones (CC)
- Plume (MC) and Breeze (CC)
- Sage (MC) and Thrive (CC)
- That's What She Said (MC) and Flow (CC)
The BriocheArrow pattern is sold separately. Click here to purchase your copy.
Want to create your own colour combo? You totally can! Click here to see Lyra in all of our colourways.