Each one of these one-of-a-kind kits is completely unique. Choose the one you love best quickly because once they're gone, they're gone!
When you combine buttery-soft cashmere yarn with one-of-a-kind mini-skeins, the result is sure to be spectacular!
If you're itching to cast on some stunning knitting, then our By The Falls Flickering Light is the perfect match. Even better, each set is completely one-of-a-kind and uniquely yours!
Choose your set from the yarn images at left (please note: the knit samples are of previous colours that are now sold out).
This beautiful shawl was designed by colourwork virtuoso Lisa Ross using a kit of our custom dyed Mini-Skeins paired with a skein of our gorgeously soft Aurora. With double the cashmere of most MCNs, it's incredibly luxurious and an absolute delight to wrap around your shoulders.
(the sample above is the Shenandoah Valley colourway, currently sold out)
On the coldest and darkest of days, we look toward the light. The flickering gleam of a candle or fire draws us closer with its cheerful glow. This shawl is an opportunity to create your own bit of radiance. The rich hues of Space Cadet’s minis seem to glow in this asymmetrical triangular shawl. The variegated minis are featured with unique stitch patterns that both highlight the tonal qualities of the yarn and let the light shine through. No matter how dark it may be, you’re sure to find comfort in your very own Flickering Light.
This kit is perfect for you if:
- you like a colour adventure -- every mini-skein is one-of-a-kind, and you get to plan out your own colour progression before you cast on!
- you enjoy some challenging stitches mixed with relaxing garter -- those gathered stitches may be new to you but they are worth it.
- you like to work with super soft yarn -- our Aurora is 20% cashmere and is absolutely buttery soft as it moves through your hands.
This kit is not for you if:
- you want your kit to exactly match the samples pictured here -- each kit is similar but, because all of the mini skeins are unique, your kit will differ from the pictures. And that's all part of the fun!
- you like your colour assignments laid out for you -- with all this one-of-a-kind colour, you'll get to lay out your minis and plan your colour progression yourself before you begin.
- you are uncomfortable mixing bases -- the kits mix different bases, but they're all fingering and we promise they play nicely together! ;)
(the sample above is the Painted Desert colourway, currently sold out)
Each of our By The Falls Flickering Light kits contains:
- a download code for a free copy of the Flickering Light pattern (a $7 value!)
- a one-of-a-kind 100g skein of Aurora (70% Superwash Merino, 20% Cashmere, 10% Nylon; Fingering; approximately 350 yards per 100g) for the main colour
- a set of five 20g mini-skeins in a variety of individual colourways within a colour family, on assorted SpaceCadet fingering weight bases. Total yardage depends on the type of yarn in each set but ranges between 475 - 525 yards per set. Each set is one-of-a-kind and will vary from the yarns show here.
- a spare 20g mini-skein, just in case. A couple of previous customers have found their gauge altered the amount of yardage they went through on the longer repeats and, while we can't change anyone's gauge, what we can do is throw in an extra skein -- so we did!
The Mini-Skeins in each collection will include a selection of the following:
Ester is smooth and sturdy, the perfect hard-working yarn.
Fiber Content: 80% Superwash Merino, 20% Nylon; 3-ply
Weight: Fingering; approximately 365 yards per 100g;
Oriana is an sock twist fingering yarn with 8 plies that give extra strength and durability.
Fiber Content:90% Superwash Merino, 10% Nylon; 8-ply
Weight: Fingering; approximately 420 yards per 100g; six mini-skeins equals approximately 504 yards
Celeste is a smooth and light yarn that gives an incredibly generous 490yds per skein.
Fiber Content: 100% Superwash Merino; 3-ply
Weight: Fingering; Each skein is approximately 3.5oz/100g, and the yarn contains approximately 490 yards per 100g
Lucina is a smooshy and soft fingering yarn, with nylon for strength and an eye-catching cascade of sparkes!
Fiber Content: 75% Superwash Merino, 20% Nylon, 5% Nylon Sparkles; 2-ply
Weight: Fingering; Each skein is approximately 3.5oz/100g, and the yarn contains approximately 430 yards per 100g
At SpaceCadet®, we passionately believe that knitting and crocheting make people happier deep down inside and that nothing does that more than working with gorgeous, vibrant yarn. For us, dyeing is a cosmic adventure -- a wonderful process of mixing each shade by hand from primaries and seeing where the colour takes us. The result is yarn that is as exciting for you as it is for us. Come with us and explore the farthest reaches of SpaceCadet® colour!